Join us Wednesday night, on Zoom for an Introduction to Virtual Choir.
Please have fun with this, all vocal abilities will have a place in the virtual choir, no judgement! Ask family and friends to JOIN our Virtual Choir. The ultimate goal is for each member to video record themselves singing, while wearing headphones or earbuds. The videos will then be merged together to form our first Virtual Choir piece!
We will start with easy, well known SAB Hymns and songs. If you prefer to sing Melody, that's okay too. I'll send the backing (rehearsal) track track plus sheet music or Hymnal # to everyone registered. (You'll want to get a United Methodist Hymnal... see how to do that just above... )
Learn more: Just Register below to join the Virtual Choir!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The 1 2 3 Basics:
Practice singing through the song once or twice before you record yourself. Then Sing ~ Record ~Send!
- Record your video on your laptop, tablet, or phone. If at all possible, use a tripod for your device or sit the device on something sturdy and stationery. Sing out, and have fun singing in this virtual format!
- Save your file. Use any standard video file format. .mp4, .mov, .avi all work great. When you name your file, use this standard naming convention: Your Name-YourPart.mp4 (or .mov, etc.) Example: Jane Doe-Soprano.mp4.
- Email your file to me.
Tips for Before You Record:
- Find a quiet place. Do your best to make sure the ambient noise (dishwashers, fire trucks, barking dogs, TVs, etc.) is at a minimum. The goal is to get a good, clean sound.
- Use headphones or earbuds to listen to the backing track you downloaded with the sheet music. You don't want that audio to be in your video - just your voice / instrument!
- Position yourself in the center of the shot, and make sure you're filling up the frame.
- START RECORDING. Then press play to begin the backing track. Do the "1, 3, CLAP" along with the track just before the actual song begins. Video yourself doing the timing Clap through to the end of the song in one 'take'.
Intrigued? Click to Join just above to find out more....