The following are ways you can be the church on April 19 and beyond...
1. Call someone on the church directory list you don't know and find out how they are doing. Get to know them over the phone.
2. Send a note or a card to someone in the hospital, nursing home or prison. Have your email address added to the Care Team so you receive the emails of those needing cards, phone calls and prayers.
3. Link to give to Family Promise of North Central Palm Beach county. Go to their website and click on the donation button. www.familypromisencpbc.org
4. Give to the Good Samaritan Fund that Oceanview uses to help people in the community with food, utilities and housing needs. Make out a check to Oceanview and put "Good Samaritan" in the memo field.
5. Help the Palm Beach County Food Project feed the food insecure here in our County. During this pandemic, there is more need than ever. During our StayHome time, please donate money instead of food. Go to the website, click on the donate button. www.palmbeachcountyfoodproject.org
6. Sew and donate face masks. www.volunteersofthepalmbeaches.com/
7. Connect with Christians Reaching Out to Society (CROS) at www.crosministries.org and click on the donation button.
8. St. George's Center needs the following for their lunch program: individual bags of chips, granola bars, cups of fruit or apple sauce, beef jerky, cookies, bottled water, juice boxes, bleach & dish soap, or you can make a monetary donation by going to www.saintgeorgescenter.org and clicking on the donation button.
9. Share joy and gratitude with others as we practice social distancing.
10. Think positive thoughts. It will help your immune system to be stronger and help you stay healthy.
Also, check out Bishop Ken Carter's Podcast: "On Mission Together".
"𝙉𝙤𝙣𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨,
𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜." - G. King.
To date, COVID19 has greatly impacted the world at large. In addition to the 83 local organizations featured in Palm Beach County's Emergency Giving Guide, we invite you to find out about other local nonprofits who are dedicated to bettering the lives of individuals in Palm Beach County (and beyond). These have been greatly affected by these unprecedented times and depend on support to continue their missions. Access the Palm Beach County Emergency Giving Guide.