Dear Oceanview Church Family,
We are making plans to offer worship services in person on our campus. While "Home Worship" on our website will never go away, we know that some are anxious to come to the property. Things will look very different when you see the church buildings again. First of all, when we last met on March 8, there was a lot of construction that was in process. What you will find today is a beautiful facility. For example, all of the doors and windows have been replaced and are now finished and cleaned. There is fresh new carpet on the chancel area, and all of the pews were professionally cleaned. The fellowship hall overhang has was removed, and the surface refinished. All of the floors were buffed, and the whole of the external building painted.
While returning to the sanctuary on Sundays may be somewhat challenging. Please review these protocols below that are put in place to keep you safe and healthy when you come to the property.
“Instead of each person watching out for their own good,
watch out for what is better for others.” -Philippians 2:6
Here are some things you can expect on a Sunday morning.
- You will be asked to wear a face-covering "I wear my mask to protect you, you wear your mask to protect me. "
- There will be no singing either in the congregation, choir loft, chancel area
- When you arrive, you will be asked to socially distance yourself before taking your seat on one of the spaces on the pews. An usher will guide you.
- When the service has concluded, and it's time to leave, the ushers will guide you so that we can be socially distant when exiting the sanctuary.
- You will need to register for the service that you will be attending.
- Both worship services will be abbreviated, lasting between 30-45 minutes each.
- A bulletin will only be available through the link on our website.
- On communion Sundays, the elements will be previously placed in the pews. The offering will be collected in the narthex as worshipers exit the building.
- No Coffee or snacks will be provided or offered; however, you are welcome to bring your own.
- Families will sit together as nursery services are suspended until further notice.
We will do our best to sanitize the sanctuary in-between the two services. The date for this return to the property will depend on Palm Beach County moving to Phase Two.From Monday following our first in-person worship service, the church office will be open from 9 to 1. As always, appointments may be made to meet with pastors anytime.
Please do not let this plan to return to in-person gatherings pressure you into attending if you do not feel comfortable doing so. All acts of worship are by invitation, meaning it is not required nor compulsory that you attend. Home Worship on the website will continue indefinitely. If you need assistance accessing the internet from your home, let us know we are working on solutions for the few that have these limitations.
Your love and support mean so much during this time. The church is here for you, whether in person or not. Please reach out with any needs 561.626.2500, the church office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .